The Unichip BMW HU_ENTRYNAV2 aka EntryEVO Wireless Apple CarPlay Kit for BMW Mini Cooper Apple Carplay Smartbox will compatible work with OEM BMW HU_ENTRYNAV2 aka EntryEVO heard unit and the original screen display. for the installation, you have to dismantle the head unit and screen display but all is plug and play. Some highlights about this BMW HU_ENTRYNAV2 aka EntryEVO proxy Apple CarPlay wireless kit:
- It's plug and play, no special coding nor activations demanded.
- enjoy iDrive control, steering wheel buttons control when you're driving
- BMW original proxy OEM integration, free options to enjoy with RCA (aftermarket CVBS rear camera update)
- Wired / wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wired AndroidAuto
- USB HD Videos
- Mirroring for iPhone and Android smartphone
- Rear Camera with active guidelines
- All future upgrades via USB, support USB power supply for charging smartphones.
Unichip Enhanced Audio Decoder Features
All car owners will be enjoying a high-performance video and audio codec
- Decoding H.264 (Baseline and Main High Profile, Level 1-4.2) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding VC-1 (Simple Main Profile, low, medium and high levels. Advanced Profile, levels 0-3) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding MPEG1/2/4 (Simple Profile, levels 0-6. Main Profile, low, medium and high levels. ASP, levels 0-5) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding Real-Video 8/9/10 30fps @1080p
- Decoding VP6/7/8 (VP6.0/1/2, VP7 version 0-3, VP8 version 2(WebM)) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding DivX (DivX3/4/5/6) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding H.263 (Profile 0, levels 10-70.) 30fps @720x576
- JPEG codec (Baseline interleaved) 8176x8176
- Support *.mkv, *.mp4, *.avi, *.wmv, *.rmvb, *.rm, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.ts, *.dat, *.asf, *.flv, *.vob, and so on file format
- Multi-Format Audio CODEC (MP3, WMA, AAC, AC3, DTS, OGG, FLAC, APE, AMR, and so on)
How to identify your BMW EVO Basic Navigation?
Maps are easily upgradeable by swapping out the Navigation USB database thumb and letting the car power down completely from standby.
For Two Reasons That You Should Install This EntryEVO Wireless CarPlay Kit
- Some have no WLAN Port, so cannot have OEM CarPlay, some have WLAN Port but no Navigation, so they also cannot have factory OEM Car Play,
- For those that CAN actually have CarPlay, it is 1) OEM CarPlay FSC Code is expensive 2) Is Car Play only, no Android Auto, and 3) Not Full Screen, so it is better that you should install this Unichip EntryEVO Wireless CarPlay Kit to your BMW that comes with either 606 Business Navigation System 8.8", or with 6UN Nav and 6UP Nav Plus, and even cars without any Nav. 6.5" display, Mini F5x and all F39 and F48 also possible to install.
How to Remove the BMW EVO basic Head Unit?
Before you remove your EVO basic head unit, in order to take it out you would need to:
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal in your trunk
- Remove the top and bottom pieces of the trim taking into account all the connections behind them (it's always better to use professional trim tools not to break any clips or leave scratches)
- Remove the faceplate (secured by screws)
- Unscrew the T20s that hold the head unit and gently pull it out
- Carefully remove all the connections in the back of the head unit
Q: will this work with iPhone IOS12.x or future updated newer IOS?
A: Yes, definitely it will be with our continuous after-sales service support.
Q: How to update in the future?
A: all the upgrade files will be supplied by our Unichip Smart auto development team, upgrade via USB plug and play.
Q: will this work with Android mobile phones as well?
A: yes, we have a beta version free of charge for potential users to test with the android auto.
Q: will this kit to support wireless Apple CarPlay?
A: no it won't, we are going to release our wireless CarPlay kit but this kit only with wire connection via USB port.
IMPORTANT: Before your determination to place the orders:
1. Unichip Smartauto is serving global wide, in case your EVO Basic Apple CarPlay has some bugs during the operation, we will help you to enhance the performance time and support you free of upgrade service via USB;
2. All the time you Must use apple certified OEM USB cable to connect.
before you place the order, please feel free to send us a picture of your EVO basic system or simply send us your VIN (vehicle identification No.) for verification.
Video Case Sharing on BMW EVO Basic Apple CarPlay Retrofit
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.