The Unichip CIC Carplay smart box will compatible work with OEM BMW CIC heard unit and the original screen display. for the installation, you have to dismantle the head unit and screen display but all is plug and play. Some highlights about this BMW CIC proxy Apple CarPlay kit:
- It's plug and play, no special coding nor activations demanded.
- enjoy iDrive control, steering wheel buttons control when you're driving
- BMW original proxy OEM integration, free options to enjoy with RCA (aftermarket CVBS rear camera update)
- wired / wireless CarPlay
- Wired AndroidAuto
- USB HD Videos
- Rear Camera with active guidelines
- All future upgrades via USB, support USB power supply for charging smartphones.
How to identify your BMW CIC Navigation?
Maps are easily upgradeable by swapping out the Navigation DVD and letting the car power down completely from standby.Ê
Car Models to be supported:
1-Series E81/E82/E87/E88 09/2008 Ð 03/2014
1-Series F20/F21 09/2011 Ð 03/2013
3-Series E90/E91/E92/E93 09/2008 Ð 10/2013
3-Series F30/F31/F34/F80 02/2012 Ð 11/2012
5-Series E60/E61 11/2008 Ð 05/2010
5-Series F07 10/2009 Ð 07/2012
5-Series F10 03/2010 Ð 09/2012
5-Series F11 09/2010 Ð 09/2012
6-Series E63/E64 11/2008 Ð 07/2010
6-Series F06 03/2012 Ð 03/2013
6-Series F12/F13 12/2010 Ð 03/2013
7-Series F01/F02/F03 11/2008 Ð 07/2013
7-Series F04 11/2008 Ð 06/2015
X1 E84 10/2009 Ð 06/2015
X3 F25 10/2010 Ð 04/2013
X5 E70 10/2009 Ð 06/2013
X6 E71 10/2009 Ð 08/2014
Z4 E89 04/2009 Ð present
How to Remove the BMW CIC Head Unit?
Before you remove yourÊCIC head unit, in order to take it out you would need to:
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal in your trunk
- Remove the top and bottom pieces of the trim taking into account all the connections behind them (itÕs always better to use professional trim tools not to break any clips or leave scratches)
- Remove the faceplate (secured by screws)
- Unscrew the T20s that hold the head unit and gently pull it out
- Carefully remove all the connections in the back of the head unit
Q: will this work with iPhone IOS12.x or future updated newer IOS?
A: Yes, definitely it will be with our continuous after-sales service support.
Q: How to update in the future?
A: all the upgrade files will be supplied by our Unichip Smart auto development team, upgrade via USB plug and play.
Q: will this work with Android mobile phones as well?
A: yes, we have a beta version free of charge for potential users to test with the android auto.
Q: will this kit to support wireless CarPlay?
A: no it won't, we are going to release our wireless CarPlay kit but this kit only with wire connection via USB port.
IMPORTANT: Before your determination to place the orders:
1. Unichip Smartauto is serving global wide, in case your CIC CarPlay have some bugs during the operation, we will help you to enhance the performance time and support you free of upgrade service via USB;
2. All the time you Must use apple certified OEM USB cable to connect.
before you place the order, please feel free to send us a picture of your CIC system or simply send us your VIN (vehicle identification No.) for verification.Ê
Video Case Sharing
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.