The Unichip Audi MIB Wireless Apple CarPlay Smartbox for Audi Aftermarket Apple CarPlay Retrofit Kit will compatible work with Audi MIB heard unit and the original screen display. for the installation, you have to dismantle the head unit and screen display but all is plug and play. Some highlights about this Audi MIB proxy Apple CarPlay wireless kit:
- It's plug and play, no special coding nor activations demanded.
- enjoy OEM joystick control, steering wheel buttons control when you're driving
- Audi original proxy OEM integration, free options to enjoy with RCA (aftermarket CVBS rear camera update)
- Wired / wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wired AndroidAuto
- USB HD Videos
- Mirroring for iPhone and Android smartphone
- Rear Camera with active guidelines
- All future upgrades via USB, support USB power supply for charging smartphones.
Enjoy Unichip Enhanced Audi Video Decoder Features
- High-performance video and audio codec
- Decoding H.264 (Baseline and Main High Profile, Level 1-4.2) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding VC-1 (Simple Main Profile, low, medium and high levels. Advanced Profile, levels 0-3) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding MPEG1/2/4 (Simple Profile, levels 0-6. Main Profile, low, medium and high levels. ASP, levels 0-5) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding Real-Video 8/9/10 30fps @1080p
- Decoding VP6/7/8 (VP6.0/1/2, VP7 version 0-3, VP8 version 2(WebM)) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding DivX (DivX3/4/5/6) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding H.263 (Profile 0, levels 10-70.) 30fps @720x576
- JPEG codec (Baseline interleaved) 8176x8176
- Support *.mkv, *.mp4, *.avi, *.wmv, *.rmvb, *.rm, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.ts, *.dat, *.asf, *.flv, *.vob, and so on file format
- Multi-Format Audio CODEC (MP3, WMA, AAC, AC3, DTS, OGG, FLAC, APE, AMR, and so on)
How to identify what kind of Audi MIB you have?
MIB1, MIB2 systems are usually fitted in the following models:
Audi A1 (2019 -> )
Audi A3 (2012 -> )
Audi A4 (2016 -> )
Audi A5 (2016 -> )
Audi A6 (2015 -> )
Audi A7 (2018 -> )
Audi A8 (2017 -> )
Audi Q2 (2016 -> )
Audi Q3 (2018 -> )
Audi Q5 (2018 -> )
Audi Q7 (2015 -> )
Audi Q8 (2018 -> )
Audi R8 (2015 -> )
Audi MIB control panel with the center big round joystick
How to Remove the Audi MIB basic Head Unit?
Before you remove your Audi MIB head unit, in order to take it out you would need to:
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal in your trunk
- Remove the top and bottom pieces of the trim taking into account all the connections behind them (it's always better to use professional trim tools not to break any clips or leave scratches)
- Remove the faceplate (secured by screws)
- Unscrew the T20s that hold the head unit and gently pull it out
- Carefully remove all the connections in the back of the head unit
Q: will this work with iPhone IOS12.x or future updated newer IOS?
A: Yes, definitely it will be with our continuous after-sales service support.
Q: How to update in the future?
A: all the upgrade files will be supplied by our Unichip Smart auto development team, upgrade via USB plug and play.
Q: will this work with Android mobile phones as well?
A: yes, we have a beta version free of charge for potential users to test with the android auto.
Q: will this kit to support wireless Apple CarPlay?
A: no it won't, we are going to release our wireless CarPlay kit but this kit only with wire connection via USB port.
IMPORTANT: Before your determination to place the orders:
1. Unichip Smartauto is serving global wide, in case your MMI 3G Apple CarPlay has some bugs during the operation, we will help you to enhance the performance time and support you free of upgrade service via USB;
2. All the time you Must use apple certified OEM USB cable to connect.
before you place the order, please feel free to send us a picture of your Audi MIB system or simply send us your VIN (vehicle identification No.) for verification.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.