The Unichip MMI 3G Wireless Apple CarPlay Smartbox for Audi Aftermarket Apple CarPlay Retrofit Kit will compatible work with Audi MMI 3G heard unit and the original screen display. for the installation, you have to dismantle the head unit and screen display but all is plug and play. Some highlights about this Audi MMI 3G proxy Apple CarPlay wireless kit:
- It's plug and play, no special coding nor activations demanded.
- enjoy OEM joystick control, steering wheel buttons control when you're driving
- Audi original proxy OEM integration, free options to enjoy with RCA (aftermarket CVBS rear camera update)
- Wired / wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wired AndroidAuto
- USB HD Videos
- Mirroring for iPhone and Android smartphone
- Rear Camera with active guidelines
- All future upgrades via USB, support USB power supply for charging smartphones.
Enjoy Unichip Enhanced Audi Video Decoder Features
- High-performance video and audio codec
- Decoding H.264 (Baseline and Main High Profile, Level 1-4.2) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding VC-1 (Simple Main Profile, low, medium and high levels. Advanced Profile, levels 0-3) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding MPEG1/2/4 (Simple Profile, levels 0-6. Main Profile, low, medium and high levels. ASP, levels 0-5) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding Real-Video 8/9/10 30fps @1080p
- Decoding VP6/7/8 (VP6.0/1/2, VP7 version 0-3, VP8 version 2(WebM)) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding DivX (DivX3/4/5/6) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding H.263 (Profile 0, levels 10-70.) 30fps @720x576
- JPEG codec (Baseline interleaved) 8176x8176
- Support *.mkv, *.mp4, *.avi, *.wmv, *.rmvb, *.rm, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.ts, *.dat, *.asf, *.flv, *.vob, and so on file format
- Multi-Format Audio CODEC (MP3, WMA, AAC, AC3, DTS, OGG, FLAC, APE, AMR, and so on)
How to identify what kind of Audi MMI you have?
As we all know that's there're many variants with different types of Audi navigation systems. Audi has in its offer several navigation and multimedia systems, such as BNS 4.x, BNS 5.x, MMI 2G Low / Basic, MMI 2G High, MMI 3G Low / Basic, MMI 3G High, MMI 3G +, Audi RMC, RNS-D, RNS-E, RNS-E 2010, Audi Concert, Audi Chorus, Audi Symphony.
Types of Audi navigation systems Ð how to distinguish MMI 2G, 3G, 3G +, RMC?
The easiest way is to check the software version that is loaded in the system. To do this, enter the car menu by pressing the CAR button, then press SETUP or MENU, then select the ÒVersionÓ submenu and read the value from the line marked with the letters ÒSWÒ.
MMI 2G: SW: XX-XX XX.X.X XXXX
MMI 3G Low/Basic: BNav_XX_XXXXX
MMI 3G High: HNav_XX_XXXXX
MMI 3G+: HN+_XX_XXXXX or HN+R
MMI RMC: RMC_XX_XXXXX
MMI Mib1: MHIG_XX_XXXX
MMI Mib2: MHI2_XX_XXXX
MMI MSTD: MSTD_XX_XXXX
3G MMI control panel with the center joystick
2G MMI control panel without center joystick
MMI 2G Car Models to be supported
A6 (4F) Lim. Week 05/2004>Week 44/2008
A6 Avant (4F) Week 02/2005>Week 44/2008
A6 Allroad (4FH) Week 12/2006>Week 44/2008
A8 (4E) Week 26/2002>Week 36/2008
Q7 Week 06/2006>Week 21/2009
A5 Week 08/2007>Week 35/2008
A4(8K) Lim. Week 36/2007>Week 21/2009
A4(8K) Avant Week 03/2008>Week 21/2009
MMI 3G Car Models to be supported
A4 Week 22/2009>
A4 Allroad Week 22/2010>
A5 Week 22/2009>
A5 Sportback+Cabriolet Week 45/2008>
A6 (C6) Week 45/2008>
Q5 Week 22/2009>Week 24/2012
Q7 Week 22/2009>
How to Remove the Audi MMI basic Head Unit?
Before you remove your MMI head unit, in order to take it out you would need to:
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal in your trunk
- Remove the top and bottom pieces of the trim taking into account all the connections behind them (it's always better to use professional trim tools not to break any clips or leave scratches)
- Remove the faceplate (secured by screws)
- Unscrew the T20s that hold the head unit and gently pull it out
- Carefully remove all the connections in the back of the head unit
Q: will this work with iPhone IOS12.x or future updated newer IOS?
A: Yes, definitely it will be with our continuous after-sales service support.
Q: How to update in the future?
A: all the upgrade files will be supplied by our Unichip Smart auto development team, upgrade via USB plug and play.
Q: will this work with Android mobile phones as well?
A: yes, we have a beta version free of charge for potential users to test with the android auto.
Q: will this kit to support wireless Apple CarPlay?
A: no it won't, we are going to release our wireless CarPlay kit but this kit only with wire connection via USB port.
IMPORTANT: Before your determination to place the orders:
1. Unichip Smartauto is serving global wide, in case your MMI 3G Apple CarPlay has some bugs during the operation, we will help you to enhance the performance time and support you free of upgrade service via USB;
2. All the time you Must use apple certified OEM USB cable to connect.
before you place the order, please feel free to send us a picture of your MMI 3G system or simply send us your VIN (vehicle identification No.) for verification.
Unichip 3G+ Audi Apple CarPlay installation case sharing with wireless apple carplay
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.